If you’re anything like me, you know how important it is to show love and appreciation to your spouse. I mean, who wouldn’t want their better half to feel like the most blessed person on Earth, right?
So, I’ve put together this fabulous list of 20+ Christian love quotes for husbands, complete with some of my own commentary and a few relevant Bible verses sprinkled in.
Ready to put a smile on your hubby’s face? Let’s dive in!
Biblical Foundations for Love in Marriage
Before we get to the juicy love quotes, let’s lay the groundwork with some biblical foundations for love in marriage. After all, we are talking about Christian love quotes here.
The Love Triangle: God, You, and Your Spouse
In the world of Christian marriage, there’s this concept of a “love triangle” – and no, I’m not talking about anything scandalous. It’s actually a beautiful idea where God, you, and your spouse form a triangle of love and support. And guess what? The closer you both get to God, the closer you get to each other. (Ephesians 5:31)
Where to Get Christian Love Quotes for Your Husband
I. Scripture-Based Love Quotes
Let’s kick off this love-fest with some Scripture-based love quotes. After all, the Bible is the ultimate source of wisdom and inspiration when it comes to love.
A. Old Testament Love Quotes
- Song of Solomon gems: This book of the Bible is filled with passionate, poetic expressions of love. Check out Song of Solomon 8:6-7 for a taste: “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death… Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away.”
- Proverbs: A wise woman’s guide to love: Proverbs has some gems for wives, too, like Proverbs 31:10-12: “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”
Read: Ruth & Boaz’s Love Story
B. New Testament Love Quotes
- Love as demonstrated by Jesus: Jesus showed us the ultimate example of love when he laid down his life for us. John 15:13 says, “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
- The Apostle Paul on love: Paul’s famous passage on love, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, is a perfect reminder for married couples: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud…”
II. Quotes from Christian Authors and Speakers
Now let’s dive into some love quotes from famous Christian authors and speakers who have shared their wisdom and insight on love.
A. Classic Christian Love Quotes
- C.S. Lewis: The Four Loves: The brilliant author of The Chronicles of Narnia also wrote about love: “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.”
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Love in the face of adversity: This German pastor and theologian, who stood against the Nazis, knew a thing or two about love: “It is not your love that sustains the marriage, but from now on, the marriage that sustains your love.”
B. Modern Christian Love Quotes
- Gary Chapman: The Five Love Languages: Author of the bestselling book, Chapman reminds us that love comes in different forms: “The object of love is not getting something you want but doing something for the well-being of the one you love.”
- Joyce Meyer: Love in action: This popular author and speaker has some great insights on love: “Love is not something God does; it is who He is. And because of who He is, He cannot not love.”
III. Personalized Love Quotes
Ready to take your love quotes to the next level? Let’s get personal!
A. Turning Scripture into Personal Messages
- Examples of personalized Bible verses: Transform a verse like 1 John 4:19 into a personal message: “We love because He first loved us, and I love you because you reflect His love so beautifully.”
- Tips for creating your own: To create your own personalized Scripture love quote, find a verse that speaks to your heart and add your spouse’s name or a personal touch.
B. Creating Your Own Love Quotes
- Combining faith and everyday experiences: Use your shared experiences as a couple to create meaningful love quotes. For example: “Our love is like a roller coaster ride – full of ups and downs, but always worth the thrill.”
- Using humor and wit in your love quotes: Don’t be afraid to infuse your love quotes with a little humor and wit. After all, laughter is the best medicine (and an aphrodisiac, am I right?). So go ahead and try something like: “I love you more than I love my morning coffee… and you know that’s saying a lot!”With these fabulous nuggets of love wisdom, you’ll be well on your way to wowing your husband and keeping that romantic spark alive in your marriage. Still don’t know where to start?
24 Christian Love Quotes to Get Started With
Quotes about God’s Love
Let’s start with some quotes about God’s love. Because really, how can we love our spouses without first understanding how deeply God loves us?
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “God’s love for us is not a love that always exempts us from trials, but rather, a love that sees us through trials.” – Alistair Begg
- “To love another person is to see the face of God.” – Victor Hugo
Romans 8:38-39: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- “Love is not just a passion spark between two people; there is infinite difference between falling in love and standing in love.” – Richard Needham
- “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians 5:25 (NIV)
Quotes about Communication in Marriage
We all know communication is key, right? Well, here are some quotes to help remind us of the importance of talking and, more importantly, listening to our spouses.
- “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” – Peter Drucker
- “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” – Dalai Lama
- “A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while, he knows something.” – Wilson Mizner
James 1:19: “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”
Speaking Life into Your Marriage
- “Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate, and to humble.” – Yehuda Berg
- “Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” – Proverbs 16:24 (NLT)
- “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” – Proverbs 18:21 (NIV)
Quotes about Forgiveness and Grace
No marriage is perfect, and we all make mistakes. But fear not, my fellow marital warriors, forgiveness and grace are here to save the day! So, let’s delve into some quotes that’ll remind us of the importance of extending that same forgiveness and grace to our spouses that God so generously gives to us.
Letting Go of Grudges
- “Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.” – Dave Willis
- “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
- “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.” – Corrie ten Boom
Colossians 3:13: “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
Growing Together through Trials
- “Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.” – Sophia Bush
- “A strong marriage rarely has two strong people at the same time. It is a husband and wife who take turns being strong for each other in the moments when the other feels weak.” – Ashley Willis
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
Quotes about Intimacy and Connection
Alright, now let’s get to the good stuff: intimacy and connection. Emotional and physical intimacy are crucial for a thriving marriage, so let’s dive into some quotes that’ll remind us of the importance of truly connecting with our better halves.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone.” – Ellen G. White
1 Corinthians 13:4-7: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s ok with them.” – Alain de Botton
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.” – François de La Rochefoucauld (Totally joking, but it made you chuckle, right?)
Hebrews 13:4: “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
So, there you have it – a heavenly list of Christian love quotes for husbands that’ll surely put some pep in your marriage’s step. Whether it’s expressing unconditional love, improving communication, embracing forgiveness, or deepening intimacy, these quotes have got you covered.
God bless, Amen.